Sorry I was away so long

on 10.27.2008

It was brought to my attention that I hadn't posted in way too long (thanks Jodi!).  Where does the time go?  I have no answer to that question.  I think I am just so fried at the end of the day that I can't put letters together to make words so it seems pointless to try to post anything. Sehi;ase iehils eighilae giheia makes no sense to anyone, now does it?  But most nights that is what you would get.  


So, hmmm what to write...hmmm...maybe this is why I don't post...hmmm...

Oh, tonight we were all talking and somehow we started to see how many countries we could list. I think we got 50 something, which I was impressed with considering the late hour for me and the fact that my children are not exactly versed in international happenings.  So, then Sam said he would pay $5 for someone who could list all 50 states.  Nothing motivates kids like a little cashola.  So, everyone went off and start writing furiously.  Sam and I joined in to see if we could do it.  Rachel thought she had all 50, but unfortunately she had written Delaware twice.  But I have to say how impressed I was that after only studying it for a few days she could already get 49/50.  And once she found out that she missed one it only took her about 30 seconds to discover which one she forgot.  I was impressed with myself too.  I got 49/50, having forgotten Utah.  I was trying to go alphabetically, but somehow I skipped over U.  Sam was the only one to finally get 50.  Katya got around 25, which is seriously impressive considering her short time here in this country and the fact that when her class studied them she was still working on acquiring English.  The next challenge Sam threw down was all of the countries of South America.  He was going to do Africa, but decided to ramp them up a little bit more slowly!

Before we started our competition we were discussing Daddy's degree in engineering for some reason.  And then Rachel turned to me and said, "You have a college degree in teaching, right?" I told her no, that I have a degree in marketing.  To which both she and Noah responded with "What? You have a what?  Why would you have that?  How could you do that??"  Thanks guys for the vote of confidence.  But that's not all.  The fun continued.  Our discussion turned to the fact that not everyone needs to go to college if what they are interested in doing does not require a college degree.  And Noah said, "You don't make as much money if you don't go to college so you need to go."  So Rachel responded with, "No, you could be a mom and that's not hard."  I was having trouble following her logic, but apparently she feels that my job is waaaay easy.  It's a good thing it's easy since I am not bright enough to work in marketing.   I'm sure what she meant was I make it look so easy and that no college in the world can teach all that I am so incredibly capable of doing.  It's just an innate talent so college would not be necessary.  Yeah, that's what she meant.

0 comments: