Ahhhh....

on 8.09.2006

Can you hear it? The sweetest sound any mother of 5 very chatty children can hear...silence. Absolute silence. Well, I can hear the refrigerator running so it's not completely silent--does it usually make a noise? I wouldn't know.

That delightful silence is because all 5 kids are safely tucked away in a classroom where we have entrusted them to someone to teach them their reading, writing and arithmetic. And I don't think I could appreciate those teachers any more this year than I do right now. Because for several hours today while my kids are spinning like tops and chatting away under their tutelage, I am going to think a complete thought. Maybe even two if I am feeling crazy. And it just doesn't get much better than that.

1 comments:

Karen Hevesy said...

I can hear your sigh all the way on the East Coast. My kids do not go back until Sept. 6th. We haven't even begun to shop for supplies etc. Enjoy the quiet..there's nothing quite like the first day of school.