Change, to 2 certain members of our family, is the equivalent of the Evil Empire. They don't want it, like it, or embrace it in any way and their life goal is to eradicate it from the face of the planet. The bummer for them is that our family is in a constant state of change. And I don't just mean switching from margarine to real butter. Big change like jobs, adoption, illness, and moving. If you don't keep up with our family on a very regular basis you are going to be shocked to find us dealing with some huge new deal. It's actually fun to see the looks on people's faces when they run into us after not seeing us for a couple of months and we have to update them. You know, that classic deer in the headlights look. So anyway, at various times in our lives those two certain family members can be found rocking back and forth in a corner mumbling to themselves. This week was one of those times!
We moved into our new house last weekend (hence the lack of posts on this blog). Now, moving is a huge and chaotic change even if it is a good change--as in our case. We now have just a bit more space so we don't have to shoehorn everyone into their rooms. It's definitely a good thing for me! The other morning I was laying in bed and I knew the kids were in the kitchen but I couldn't hear them at all. If that isn't enough to drive you to your knees in thankfulness I don't know what is.
We also now have stairs, which is a new adventure for us. The kids have been wanting an "upstairs house" for years and their dream has come true. Little did I know that the first day they would decide to "cardboard surf" down those stairs. So, we had to have an impromptu review of the do's and don'ts of stairs. For me the stairs represent an exercise program. I'm hoping they are helping build my much needed stamina. Many times though I find myself breathing heavy once I reach the top like, say, I had just run a 50 yd. dash. So some days I just avoid them altogether and stay on one level for as long as possible!
I am the designated unpacker for our family. The kids and Sam have all offerred up flimsy excuses about something ridiculous like school or work or some such thing that they have to do each day. Whatever. And let's face it, unpacking is sort of like cleaning your room and what kid is ready to sign up for that? They've made pathetic attempts at unpacking their stuff, but I'm sure it was all a ploy to look helpless so that I would just say "Nevermind, I'll do it" so they can go off and enjoy their big new back yard. And let's face it, their stuff looks completely fine to them in a pile in the middle of the room. I'm the one who feels it necessary for things to be put away so it's only natural that I be the designated unpacker. But I have to say I've made quite good progress in the last week. There are less than 10 boxes in the house that are left to be unpacked! My goal is to get to the point where we have pictures on the wall. Sam doesn't know it yet, but that's one of his jobs this weekend. He'll be so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment