Did you miss me? Sorry about the absence. My dad came to visit--which meant several days of preparing the house so it would be a little more "finished" for his first visit--and then he was here for 5 days and then the day he left I came down with a head cold. Apparently a simple head cold on top of gleevec was enough for a few days on the couch. But today I am up and about finally and trying to make up for lost time--i.e. attacking the evil laundry pile. I think someone dumped some miracle grow on the hamper while I was incapacitated.
Sam left for Chicago today. His 20th high school reunion is this weekend. I probably should have gone with him so that I could beat off all of those girls that had a crush on him 20 years ago and never got over it. I told him I would prefer it if he dressed like a slob and didn't shave or brush his teeth before he went. :-)
He gets to spend the weekend with his four moms too. More specifically his mom and his 3 older sisters. He will answer probably a thousand questions in the span of the weekend--they are big question askers. (If you say something was blue it would not be out of the ordinary for them to clarify what kind of blue you mean--cobalt, sky, turquoise...? If a food was delicious they will want to know what made it delicious. I, not being very detail oriented, just say it was blue and good.) He will also get some very yummy food as all of them enjoy cooking--unlike the wife he was lucky enough to catch. We, on the other hand, will probably have our fill of cereal and pizza for dinner. Maybe I'll throw in a little mac 'n' cheese and dazzle the kids with my culinary expertise. But if Daddy ain't home you can be sure I won't be cooking full-on meals. Not that I've been slaving over a hot stove from my perch on the couch all week. Although I did cook Wed. night--in between rest stops on the couch. So really it is a well deserved cooking vacation after that exhausting exercise. Once a week is more than enough for me.
Well, I've put my head down onto the desk 3 times now so I think that's the signal to call it a night. Must have been all that exertion bringing home those Little Caesar's pizzas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment