There are a number of side effects to my medicine but fatigue is the main one that plagues me. It is rather humorous at times. Like last night when I was making meat loaf for dinner. I was mixing up the meat loaf by hand and the muscles in my arm were burning after about 30 seconds. Like "at the gym bench pressing twice my weight" burning. And I was breathing like I had just run the 50 yd. dash. All of which I find hysterical because, give me a break, all I was doing is mixing some meat, bread crumbs and eggs--not exactly a physically daunting task. But maybe I've got something new here. This could be the newest workout video craze--Meat loaf to Muscles: Feel the Burn. I bet there are chemo patients out there that would buy it!
And there was also the nap I took during the conference at church yesterday--sort of a flashback to college. No offense to the speakers--they were awesome. I was thoroughly enjoying the material and the speakers. But my body decided about 3/4 of the way through that I was done physically. Way done. Over done as a matter of fact. Fatigue + Sitting for 2 1/2 hours = nap time. Thankfully I felt the sleep taking over and was able to take myself to the Guest Reception/Nursing Moms room (now renamed the Guest Reception/Nursing Moms/Melinda's Nap Room--we'll need to come up with an acronym for that to make it easier to say). I found a very comfy overstuffed chair and thereby avoided insulting the speaker by nodding off during his presentation. The good news was that I felt much better after my 30 minute snooze. Hopefully there will be a CD of the session so I can see what I missed!
So, 9.9 times out of 10 when you ask me how I'm feeling, you can rest assured that I am feeling tired. So we'll just have that as our break even point and when I answer I'll just let you know if I'm feeling better or worse than break even. Otherwise I'll be saying the same thing over and over and I am going to start sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher and causing great annoyance to anyone in my path. And we don't want that to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment