I am currently numb. Exhausted and numb. I had my first day of substituting today. First grade (not Tommy's class though). This class was unbelievable. They didn't stop talking. Literally. I would get their attention for maybe 20 seconds and it would start back up again. And there were several boys in there that made Tommy look like he was sitting still. By lunch time I knew all of the kids names. ALL of them! That is practically unheard of when you are substituting. You only get to know the kids names when you have to constantly get their attention to tell them to stop doing something. Hence, I knew them all. Including 2 Kyles, 2 Cadens and 2 Ethans. One little boy didn't do a thing I told him to. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, where he wanted. I knew his name within seconds. I may have nightmares about him.
First grade teachers have my undying respect at this point. I didn't stop moving from one place to another all day. They truly earn their money.
The upside was that I got several hugs from kids as they left. One girl even told me I was a good substitute. So, I've got that going for me. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment