Teenage reasoning

on 1.31.2007

Emily went to the orthodontist yesterday. She was having some difficulty picking the color of plastic bands she wanted on her brackets. It's a tough decision. The gal was very nice and offered to put a couple on to see how she liked it (braces as a fashion accessory). Emily rejected the first options and when she was done I asked her what the colors were that she had rejected.

"Well, I tried light pink and dark pink, you know, for Valentine's Day, but I didn't want to have pink the whole time."

So, what did you end up with?

"Just dark pink."

This comment made total sense to her, even though I was laughing hysterically. For some strange, teenage reason, it still makes sense to her. Although she does see why I was laughing hysterically. The really scary thing is that I could see her explaining this to her friends and having them totally understand what she meant, even though on the surface--where the rest of us reside--it doesn't make any sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhhh, to have that as my big decision for the day..
Jodi

Carrie said...

You know, when I had braces, I always got purple and teal, THE hot colors of the time (early '90s), and of course did orange and black for Halloween and red and green for Christmas. Yeah, I was a real nerd!