4th grade and pink eye

on 4.19.2007

I subbed today in the most perfect fourth grade class on the planet. Seriously. After my nightmare 2nd grade class with Bob the psycho 8 year old this was a very nice surprise. The fourth graders had to read for an hour after lunch today and guess what they did? They read. Quietly. After that they had to work on the state reports that they are writing. Guess what they did? Worked on the reports--quietly. It was awesome. I get to be in there tomorrow too. I'm going to bring something to read!

There is a serious pink eye epidemic happening at our school. Ten kids went home with it today alone. One of the boys in my class being one of them. He came up and said he thought he had pink eye--I took one look at his right eye and took a giant step back as I told him to head to the nurse. And take your stuff with you dude cause you're going home. Of course almost instantly my eyes felt incredibly itchy. I was washing my hands repeatedly after that. Even if I didn't touch anything. I'm bringing some Clorox wipes with me to school tomorrow to detox everything he touched. Or even thought about touching. Or just looked at. Who knows, maybe this is a visually transmitted mutation of pink eye. You can never be too careful.

0 comments: