Book lists. A quick and easy way to torment your kids.

on 6.18.2009

I am trying to come up with book lists for the summer for each of the kids.  They are so very excited about this.  I just want to make sure that they are not only reading brain candy and that some good solid literature goes into their heads so that come Fall they aren't the equivalent of the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz.  Some kids, who shall remain nameless, are more resistant than others.  One wants to know if I can include only ghost stories on their particular list.  I think someone is missing the point.  Oh, you only want ghost stories?  Well, in that case how about  I only require you to read comic books?  Or just the picture captions in magazines?  Or we could just turn the subtitles on when you watch a movie and you can read those? I clearly have my work cut out for me.  A mother's torture work is never done.  


(Feel free to let me know what your favorite book (that is not a comic) was and maybe it will make it onto the list.)

0 comments: