Dinner

on 11.02.2006

Big night here at the Macrane homestead last night. Are you ready? I cooked dinner. Ooooo. Are you impressed? Now in most homes this would not be big news, but for me it was momentous. I'm not really into cooking in general, but as of late I have not even had the energy to plan my menus and so I have been mainly "preparing" (throwing together) meals at the last minute and not actually "cooking." But last night I cooked! Yahoo for me. I made chicken tetrazzini, much to the amazement of my family. And that's not all...I cooked fresh broccoflower, a vegetable that we had never tried. And I'm a frozen veggie kind of gal--I don't usually, okay, truly, I never cook fresh vegetables unless it is corn on the cob. So all in one night I cooked a new, fresh vegetable and I cooked an entire dinner. That should cover me for a week or so, right?

0 comments: