It's not Thanksgiving 'til somebody...

on 11.23.2006

...barfs. That's right. There's nothing like a little stomach flu to round out the holiday celebration. We were busy cleaning up the kitchen when we heard Noah yelling down the stairs, "Mom!! I think Rachel just threw up!!!" (My question is: why didn't he "know" that she threw up. It's always very clear to me when someone does!) I got upstairs as fast as possible and discovered that, yes, indeed she had. And she had been laying on her bed (because her stomach was hurting) and didn't quite make it to the trash can in the corner. Yay, something else to clean up.

My friend Kelly graciously came over with her Kirby vacuum/carpet shampooer and helped us clean up the mess. Hey, if our Thanksgiving was going to be capped off that way we figured we should share the joy!

Prior to that we were having a lovely day. Sam has won the husband of the year award for making the ENTIRE Thanksgiving dinner. Well, to be honest I did help a little--I opened the cans of cranberries and put them in a bowl, put the rolls in a basket and warmed the gravy in the microwave. Sam makes a fantastic (and very moist) turkey so if anyone needs any tips I'm sure he would let you in on his secrets.

Last night the kids spent the night with my parents at the condo they are staying at. They had a great time with Grandma and Poppa and we had a quiet house. Very quiet. Amazingly quiet. I've decided that we need to make this a family tradition--regardless of how my parents feel about it.

I'll leave you with today's Tommyisms:
"Did Daddy kill the turkey yet?"
Upon seeing the table being set: "Are we having a party?"
"May I have more chicken?" (After doing nothing but turkey projects all week in school and being reminded umpteen times at the table that it was turkey and not chicken.)
Sam: "Tommy, tell me what food you ate--but please don't use the words 'this' and 'that.'
Tommy: "I had some turkey, potatoes, and some of this and some of that."

0 comments: