Tonight we had Academic Night for two of the kids. (That's where you get recognized for having all A's and only one B in the first three quarters of the year.) Sam is in Mexico on business and so it was just the kids and I. Afterwards I was angling for the "Funnest Mom Award" so I took them out to ice cream. I had been thinking about Baskin-Robbins Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream for a couple of days, so I figured we'd head over there and get some really yummy ice cream. (Except for poor Tommy--they had one "no sugar added" ice cream, but it was filled with caramel and chocolate covered stuff and I kept asking the girl if the stuff in it was sugar free and she just kept saying, "um, it's no sugar added" no matter what I asked and so I gave up trying to speak her language. I told Tommy he'd have to go without and to make sure he finished high school or this was his future.) So we enjoyed our ice cream--except for Tommy who took it like a man. But then something bizarre happened. Noah went to see how much it was for a take home container of ice cream and he came back and announced that it was like $11 for a half gallon! Wow. Noah is very frugal and so he was appalled at that price (which I'm sure is the appropriate response--if you didn't have Peanut Butter Chocolate ice cream, which on certain days of the month is worth every penny). He got all of the kids on his "that's absurd can you believe this nonsense" bandwagon and they all decided that McDonald's ice cream was waaaay better than this Baskin-Robbins stuff anyway and a way better deal. I mean they have two flavors and a twist option!! What more do you need? 31 flavors is a bit much after all don't you think? So, I'm not stupid, next time they are all getting McDonald's frozen non-dairy treat cones for 50 cents each. And you know what that means...more money for me to get a tub of Peanut Butter Chocolate.
0 comments:
Post a Comment